Monday, November 9, 2015

Week 73: I believe in miracles! ♡

What an incredible week! My heart is so absolutely full that I don't even know where to  start! 

I guess I can start with my new companion. Her name is Hamilton Shimai, and she is incredible. I am so blessed! When I first met her, and she sat next to me (sitting right where I sat next to McLaughlin Shimai, and right where Perry Shimai sat next to me - it happened coincidentally with Perry Shimai, but I did it on purpose this time) I just looked over and thought about so many things! One was obviously, how did time go by so quickly? But also as we were talking, it felt like I had made this big loop. She reminds me of my own trainer in many ways. I remember thinking of my trainer often the last time I trained, and I guess it shouldn't be surprising that I thought of her again. Anyways, Hamilton Shimai is incredible! She is so willing to just try new things, and she is so fearless. She also has a beautiful voice! Hamilton Shimai is from Salt Lake City, and she is 19 years old. It's crazy to think that Sariah is only a transfer ahead of Hamilton Shimai. It's still so cool to think that my own little sister is serving the Lord too right now. :) 

Anyways. Hamilton Shimai is awesome! We got back to Yonago on Thursday night, and since then things have been busy, busy, busy. Our first day together we taught 4 lessons, and she did SO great. She definitely doesn't feel like a new missionary. The work is just about to start exploding here in Yonago, and we are SO excited! This week we received 6 referrals and we are just trying to find the time to contact them all. The ward is SO incredible, and I am so blessed that I get to work here, and be a part of this big family! Yonago really has become just another big part of my family! Yesterday we had a dendō fireside (um... A missionary work fireside?) and our dendō shunin (ward mission leader) talked about how the members can work with the missionaries. The members here are all so willing and ready to work with us, and they are all fine with us just stopping by to visit, to share a short message, and to do missionary work around each of them. We are SO excited! If we teach 3 lessons every day, we will easily be able to teach 20 lessons every week. 

This transfer Hamilton Shimai are going to work with all of our heart, might, mind and strength to see miracles here. We are going to teach 20 lessons every week, get 2 people to come to church every week, and we are going to do everything we can to see a baptism this transfer. This area is SO prepared, and we are ready! I have never been more excited to be able to stay in my area all week. :) the members are really excited to have missionaries here too!

I wish I had time to tell you all about all the wonderful things that have happened here in Yonago! I am just so grateful! And like I said, my heart it full!

I love you all! You all are in my thoughts and prayers!

Robertson Shimai

-- 
アマンダ・K・ロボトサン姉妹
日本神戸伝道部
末日聖徒イエス・キリスト教会
--
Sister Amanda K. Robertson
Japan Kobe Mission
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
 
This was before we begun the hike. (Wow... English is hard, and I may or may not make a lot of mistakes...I realized after I typed that, that it was wrong...)

We went with members and hiked Daisen (or Big Mountain)

No comments:

Post a Comment