Monday, March 30, 2015

Week 43: Because He Lives

I am grateful this week for my Savior. This week we have had so many
crazy things happen. One day we had our investigator change her
baptism date, but then within a few hours, more trials hit her, and
she decided she doesn't want to get baptized at all. Then another day
we got a call from some of the other sisters saying that they were
going to be staying at our apartment for the next couple of days
because their apartment had been broken into. Then we got a call from
some other sisters saying that they needed to stay the night before
Zone Training Meeting, so one night we had 7 sisters in our little
apartment. Along with all of that and so many other things, it has
been quite the week. But despite it all, despite all of the
challenges, I am grateful to be a missionary, and I am even more
grateful for my Savior. I know that He lives and I know that He loves
me.

This Easter, there is another video out about our Savior. It is called
"Because He Lives." http://mormon.org/easter Because I know that Jesus
Christ lives, I know that I am never alone. Because I know that He
lives, I have found so much peace and happiness in my life. Because I
know that He lives, I know that I can do all things. Because I know He
lives, I know that my family can be together forever. Because I know
that He lives, I know that death is not the end. We too will live
again. I am so grateful for my Savior, and for His atoning sacrifice
for me.


This week we were able to teach A Shimai who we haven't been able to
teach in a couple of weeks. We taught her about God. She knows in her
head a lot of the principles of the gospel, but she has had a hard
time knowing that what we have taught her is true in her heart. We
felt like maybe we needed to take a little but of a different
approach, and really try to help her see how God applies to her
personally. To know what He means to her, and how His existence
affects her. We asked her questions, and were really able to talk
about how important God is. Without God, there is nothing. "And if ye
shall say there is no law, ye shall also say there is no sin. If ye
shall say there is no sin, ye shall also say there is no
righteousness. And if there be no righteousness there be no happiness.
And if there be no righteousness nor happiness there be no punishment
nor misery. And if these things are not there is no God. And if there
is no God we are not, neither the earth; for there could have been no
creation of things, neither to act nor to be acted upon; wherefore,
all things must have vanished away." (2 Nephi 2:13) While we were
teaching, something was finally starting to click. I asked her how she
was feeling, and what she was thinking, and she said that she didn't
know how to describe it. We talked about how that was the spirit, and
how that was God's answer to her prayers. One of my favorite things
about being a missionary is moments like that. When something finally
makes sense, with they recognize an answer to their prayers. When they
first feel and recognize their Father in Heaven's love for them.
Heavenly Father really does love each and every one of His children.
That is why He gave us His Son, Jesus Christ. "Everything that is
unfair about life can be made right through the atonement." I know
that is true.

I love you all so much, and I hope that you have a wonderful week.

Robertson 姉妹

The cherry blossoms are starting to bloom. :) I love spring.




These pics are from Kinkakuji, or the Golden Temple












No comments:

Post a Comment