Thursday, March 26, 2015

She's My Sister

Over the past weekend Amanda's older sister got married.  She married a friend that Amanda actually made before Rebekah met him.


Amanda was understandably sad that she would not be able to be here for the wedding while she's on her mission, but she was happy for her sister and for her friend.

The week before the wedding Amanda wrote a special message to her sister and sent it to Tanner and had him print it out and give it to her to read on the wedding day.  I thought that was very sweet that she would have thought of that in advance and planned to have Rebekah get to read a special message from her.

Well, if that wasn't sweet enough, unbeknownst to either Rebekah or myself, she had also prepared a series of pictures and sent them to her dad and her next younger sister, Sariah, and asked them to put them into a slide show with music.  Dad found a playlist that Rebekah had made for Amanda one time on the computer, and he found THE Perfect song for the two of them.  After putting the slide show together he sent it to Sariah, he asked if she thought the song was too cheesy. :)

The morning of the wedding, while we were getting ready, Sariah sat down in front of Rebekah, pulled up the slide show on her phone and held it in front of Rebekah.  I didn't know what was happening. Then I heard the song...

The Sister Song is an original Barney Song that first appeared in My Family's Just Right For Me

LYRICS
  Sometimes we're real close friends
  We stay awake and talk at night.
  Other times we do't get along
  There are even times we fight

  But I know she's always there,
  And I know she'll always care,
  She's my sister. I love my sister.

  I've given her a great big hug
  When she was feeling bad
  And then again I've said some things
  That have really made her mad

  But I know she's always there,
  And I know she'll always care,
  She's my sister. I love my sister.

  But I know she's always there,
  And I know she'll always care,
  She's my sister. I love my sister.

  She's my sister, I love my sister.


I took a couple of pictures of Rebekah watching the slide show, before I moved and went around behind her so I could see what the actual slide show was.  It was the sweetest thing!  I just cried.  Of course I had JUST finished my make up, so then after I stopped crying, I had to fix up my make up.  Luckily, Rebekah hadn't started on her make up yet, so she didn't have to start over...










I was so touched by the thoughtfulness that Amanda showed for her sister, to arrange for something so special to let her sister know how much she loved her and to want to wish her the very best on her special day.  It certainly helped us to feel as though Amanda was a part of the day.

You might be able to find the video by following the link below. https://www.facebook.com/southernbelleinparadise?fref=ts#

The Barney show Sister Song - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7D3NMhWYeM


No comments:

Post a Comment