Thursday, March 26, 2015

Week 41: I am so grateful for my Savior

What an incredible week. I feel like I say that every week, but I really mean it. It has been an incredible week, in a lot of different ways. The thing that I learned most this week, is how grateful I am for Jesus Christ, and for His infinite atonement. 

This week we have had a lot of opportunities to share my love for my Savior, and my gratitude for the atonement. Often when we talk about, or think about the atonement of Jesus Christ, we forget about just how much the atonement encompasses. I think that we just think of the atonement as a way to be forgiven of our sins, and transgressions (those things we did that were wrong, but we didn't know at the time we did it). Often we forget about all the other things that Christ so lovingly and willingly suffered for each and everyone of us. I'm sure that at some point in the last 9 months I have shared this scripture with you all, but it really is one of my favorites, especially about the atonement.
 
11 And he shall go forth, suffering pains and afflictions and temptations of every kind; and this that the word might be fulfilled which saith he will take upon him the pains and the sicknesses of his people.
 12 And he will take upon him death, that he may loose the bands of death which bind his people; and he will take upon him their infirmities, that his bowels may be filled with mercy, according to the flesh, that he may know according to the flesh how to succor his people according to their infirmities.  (Alma 7:11-12)

I love this scripture. Jesus Christ suffered every single pain, affliction, temptation, sickness, and infirmity that we have, and ever will face. He understands perfectly what we have been through, and what we are going through now. He knows each and everyone of us, and the best part, is that He knows perfectly how to "succor his people." We don't ever need to feel alone, and we don't ever need to feel like no one truly understands, because Jesus Christ does. I have had many experiences in my life where I tried to do things on my own, I tried to deal with the craziness that life throws at us all by myself. Although I was able to deal with it, kind of, there was always this constant load, this giant weight that I was carrying. It was like I was on a hike, and the farther I walked, the more rocks I picked up, and before I knew it, I couldn't go much farther on my own. I needed someone who understood. I never divine assistance that comes only through the power of the atonement. As soon as I stopped trying to pull this load on my own, as soon as I asked for help, and asked for my load to be lightened, I felt this giant weight just lifted off of my shoulders. I felt so much lighter, and like I could run for miles. I know that it is through the atonement of Jesus Christ that I received that strength. It was at that time that I knew Jesus Christ truly is my Savior and Redeemer, and that He loves me, more than I can even put into words. Heavenly Father and His son, Jesus Christ, really love me. And the love each and every one of you. 
Yesterday in Relief Society, we talked about Jesus Christ, and about His atonement. As we talked, I couldn't help but be filled with so much gratitude and love for my Savior. Even just thinking about it brings me so much joy."We may never understand nor comprehend in mortality how He accomplished what He did, but we must not fail to understand why He did what He did.

Everything He did was prompted by His unselfish, infinite love for us." (Jesus Christ, Our Savior and Redeemer) I am so grateful for my Savior. I know that He loves each and every one of us with a perfect love. I know that as we strive to become like Him, our lives are filled with so much joy and happiness. I am so grateful that I have the opportunity to do His work every single day. I have never been happier. I know that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the only true church on the Earth today. I know that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ appeared to Joseph Smith. I know that through Joseph Smith the true church, Christ's church was restored. I know that through the power of God, Joseph Smith translated the Book of Mormon. I know that the Book of Mormon is true, and that we truly can get closer to God through reading it and abiding by its teachings than we can by any other book. Recently I finished reading the Book of Mormon, and as I ponder the things that I was able to learn about my Savior, and about my Father in Heaven, and how we can become more like them, I am so grateful. I wouldn't give that knowledge up for anything. If you don't yet know these things for yourself, I encourage you to turn to your Heavenly Father in prayer, and ask Him. Read the Book of Mormon, and do all that you can to abide by it's teachings. Try every day to be a little bit more like Christ. I promise that you will come to know for yourself. I know that this is true, because I have done it myself. Heavenly Father hears and answers our prayers. I testify that these things are true in the name of my Savior, Jesus Christ, Amen.
I love you all so much, and I am so grateful for you. Thank you for each of your love and your examples to me.
Love,
Robertson Shimai


Birthday party at the N's house last week. :)









We had a kokan (exchange/splits) this week. :) It was pretty fun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment