Monday, April 13, 2015

Week 44: I Know That My Redeemer Lives

April 5, 2015

I don't even know where to begin this week. I can't believe how fast
time goes. Last night Perry Shimai and I were reflecting on these last
5 and a half weeks, and all that has happened. What a crazy transfer
it has been. But oh how much I have learned. I really love serving
with Perry Shimai. She is an incredible missionary, and I am excited
to be together for the next transfer. I've also learned how to rely on
Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. Without their help, I would be so
lost. I wouldn't be a very good missionary, and I definitely wouldn't
be able to train a new missionary. I still don't feel that competent,
and there are many times that I think back to my first two transfers
with McLaughlin Shimai. She was so patient with me. And I am so
grateful that I had the opportunity to serve and learn from such an
incredible missionary. Just last night I caught myself saying, I
remember McLaughlin Shimai saying... Or I learned this when I was
serving with Howden Shimai... Or Larkin Shimai taught me this. Being a
missionary without a companion would be impossible. It has been
through serving along side such wonderful missionaries that I have
been able to learn so much. And I can't want to learn even more.







This transfer has been filled with many hard things for our
investigators. One has been sick, another has been dealing with
everything possible and on top of all of that, looking for a new
house. We have another investigator who has been facing a lot of
hantai (opposed) influences. With all the trials that our
investigators have been facing, I can't help but want to help them
more. Just the other day, I remember turning to Perry Shimai and
saying, "Imagine what would happen if we prayed for all of our
investigators like we pray for Y Shimai. Imagine what a difference
that would make." So that is what we have been working on. We have
been working on praying specifically for all of our investigators the
way we have been for Y Shimai.



That is something else that I have learned this transfer. The power of
prayer. There have been many times when we have had no idea where to
go, or what to do. When I have had no idea what to say. When we have
been so confused and so caught off guard that we didn't know what else
there was to do. It was in those times that we prayed. I think I have
offered some of the most heartfelt prayers over these last few weeks.
I have never felt so in need of divine help in my life. I know that
Heavenly Father answered those prayers. I know that He loves me. I
know that He never left me alone of uncomforted. And I know that He is
always there for each of our investigators as well. Heavenly Father
loves each of us SO much! I am so grateful for the little but of that
love that I have been able to feel. I know that when we do what He
asks of us, He will bless us even more. Heavenly Father is never
disappointed with us when we are trying our best. Don't give up. Stop,
take a deep breath, count your many blessings, maybe even sing a hymn,
and then keep going. I promise that you will feel Heavenly Father's
love, and you will feel someone right there pushing that rock with
you.



I just wanted to leave you all with my testimony. I know that my
Redeemer lives. I know that He loves me. I am so grateful for Him, and
for His infinite atoning sacrifice. I know that through Christ,
through the infinite power of His atonement, I can do all things. I
know that Heavenly Father loves us each and every one of us. I am so
grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ, and for the joy it has
brought into my life. I have never been happier than I have here on my
mission in Japan, spending everyday serving the Lord, and sharing His
gospel. I know that through the gospel of Jesus Christ, we can find
true joy. I testify that these things are true, in the name of Jesus
Christ, Amen.

I love you all so much, and I am so grateful for the impact that you
have each had on my life. Thank you for all of you love, support, and
prayers.

Robertson 姉妹

No comments:

Post a Comment