Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Week 47: I Love Spring

Spring is in full swing here in Kyoto. We were able to go on a picnic this week with the relief society, and it was so much fun. We went up into the mountain to a temple, where there was a pond, and forests, and turtles, and  ducks. And lots of birds chirping in the trees, with the nice warm breeze of spring. It's the best. Some days Perry Shimai asks me if this is what summer will be like, "is this as humid as it gets?" And I immediately think of summer in Alabama (because Kyoto and Alabama are like the same place when it comes to weather). And then I just laugh. Nope... Not even close, in just a few months it is going to get really hot, so we are trying to enjoy the beautiful spring while we can. 

Yesterday in Gospel Principles (Sunday school class) we learned about the creation. We talked about all the things that Heavenly Father created. He created me, and you. He created all of the flowers, and trees. All of the birds. He created the mountains, and rives and streams. He created it all. One of my favorite things, is nature. Especially the spring with all of the blossoms. I love watching the sunset, or walking along the beach. I love being up in the mountains. I love nature. When I look at the beautiful sunset after a long day, it reminds me that Heavenly Father loves me. Biking next to thousands of wild yellow flowers, or through the cherry blossoms. I love it all, and it helps to remind me of Heavenly Father. 

Last week we sang at T Shimai's baptism with the Elders. We sang "I Know Heavenly Father Loves Me." 
1. Whenever I hear the song of a bird
Or look at the blue, blue sky,
Whenever I feel the rain on my face
Or the wind as it rushes by,
Whenever I touch a velvet rose
Or walk by our lilac tree,
I’m glad that I live in this beautiful world
Heav’nly Father created for me.

2. He gave me my eyes that I might see
The color of butterfly wings.
He gave me my ears that I might hear
The magical sound of things.
He gave me my life, my mind, my heart:
I thank him rev’rently
For all his creations, of which I’m a part.
Yes, I know Heav’nly Father loves me.
Words and music: Clara W. McMaster, 1904–1997. © 1961 IRI. Arr. © 1989 IRI  Genesis 1

https://www.lds.org/music/library/childrens-songbook/my-heavenly-father-loves-me?lang=eng



I am so grateful for my Heavenly Father and for all of his beautiful creations. I'm so blessed to live in this beautiful country, full of so many of God's wonderful creations. 

This week we were able to meet with almost all of our investigators, and so many of them have progressed so much since the last time we met with them. Some of them just a week before. It is amazing how much the gospel changes people. Two of the less actives members we have been working with both set goals to receive their temple recommends, and to come back. I can't believe how much they have changed over the last 3 months. I will never get tired of helping others come into Christ. Being a missionary is the best, and I have never been happier. :)

I love you all so much, and hope you are all staying safe with tornado season. I'm praying for you all. Thank you for all of your love, support and prayers. 

-- 
アマンダ・K・ロボトサン姉妹
日本神戸伝道部
末日聖徒イエス・キリスト教会
--
Sister Amanda K. Robertson
Japan Kobe Mission
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

No comments:

Post a Comment