Monday, July 6, 2015

Week 57: Yonago is mint az.

:) Kiaora (New Zealand way to say hello)

This week was so awesome! It was so sad to say goodbye to everyone in Katsura.


 Leaving is always the hardest, but I know I'll see them all again someday. Most of all, I am grateful for technology. :) 








Yonago is mint az. (Or the greatest thing ever) My new companion is MacKenzie Shimai. We are like two peas in a pod. 


She is from New Zealand and has been teaching me all the New Zealand slang. Even though we both speak English, our English is so different. One day she asked me if I had a torch. I wasn't even sure what language she was speaking. She had to switch to Japanese for me to understand what she even meant (a flashlight). Who knew how different English could be. :) I really love it here in Yonago, and I already feel right at home. Everyone is incredible! It was really weird to go to church on Sunday and see so many people. Saying hello to everyone was like running a marathon! But, I love it! And there are so many kids! I am in heaven right now. :) I've really missed all of the kids. There are 120 members that come to church every week. It kindof made me nervous when I had to introduce myself in sacrament meeting. :)

We have been busy busy busy since I got here, but I am loving it. We got into Yonago around 7:30 Thursday night, and then went and visited a less active sister that we are working with. Then both Friday and Saturday we were out of our apartment by 8 or 9, and didn't get back until 7 or 8 that night. Then once we got home we planned for the week, and made lots of phone calls. I have already met so many people, and can't wait to see what miracles await here in Yonago. There were so many amazing things that happened. I want to share one of the really cool things that happened this week. We went and taught X and M, they moved here from the Philippines 10ish years ago, and have lost a lot of close loved ones over the past couple of years. They are SO prepared. We were talking to the daughter X and she just kept telling us how much she wants to follow Jesus so that she can be with her dad again, and be with her family forever. She and her mom are incredible. We are so excited to see what this next week brings. I am so grateful for the gospel and the simple, but yet such powerful hope that it gives to us, especially to those who don't know. A little while ago, X and M thought that they could never see their family again, but now they know that through the atonement of Jesus Christ, death is not the end. They can be with their family again, and it has brought them so much peace, and hope. The gospel is incredible!

I love you all so much, and hope you have an awesome week! :)

-- 
アマンダ・K・ロボトサン姉妹
日本神戸伝道部
末日聖徒イエス・キリスト教会
--
Sister Amanda K. Robertson
Japan Kobe Mission
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

No comments:

Post a Comment