Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Week 56: Happy day!

Wow. What an awesome day. And week, although a lot of it was spent inside. Since transfers are today, I figured I would start with what is going to happen this next transfer. We got a phone call this morning from Welch Kaicho (the mission president) and I thought it was going to be for Tanda Shimai, so I let her answer. A few seconds later, she brought the phone to me and said it was for me. My first thought was hat Welch Kaicho was calling to see how Tanda Shimai was doing. But instead he surprised me by telling me where I was transferring. I am transferring to Yonago (where I got to go on a kokan last year with Komai Shimai). I will become an STL (sister training leader) and will be companions with Mackenzie Shimai (a sister I met on Facebook before my mission, and we met in the MTC). AND wait there is more. Yonago is in the Okayama Stake, which means I might get to see my sweet favorite Tsuyama friends. :) I can't stop smiling, I am so excited! Tanda Shimai is transferring to Kobe, so they can help her get better and get her whatever medical help she needs. Stevenson Shimai will be transferring to Katsura (a sister who is half Japanese, but grew up in Japan) and she will be training a new sister. Miyagi Choro is transferring to Hiraka in Osaka, and Tanaka Choro will be staying here. There are going to be a lot of crazy changes this next week, but I am SO excited!!! :) we did something called yogen-ing on Friday after district meeting, where you predict where everyone will be going/ who will be staying. My yogen for myself was that I will be transferring to Yonago, and become a sister training leader. I was so surprised that I was right! :) I love Yonago, and I love Mackenzie Shimai, and I am SO excited! 

Okay. I'll calm down now.

So this week, Tanda Shimai was feeling pretty terrible. We weren't able to do a whole lot, and most of the week we were inside. So I did lots of cleaning, and letter writing in Japanese to my favorite people in Tsuyama, and sent messages to some of our investigators who are struggling. On Sunday (yesterday), I couldn't help but be grateful for all that I have. We were in sacrament meeting, and I was helping translate for a couple from Australia. Miyagi Choro was also helping their investigator who moved here from Vietnam. So at one point we had three different languages on our iPads. Tanda Shimai in Japanese, me in English, and Miyagi Choro in Vietnamese. What an amazing blessing it is to be able to use technology on our missions, and to be able to share the gospel with people in their own languages. 

Another really cool thing that happened yesterday is that we were able to visit M chan. She home stayed with a family in the U.S. Who were members, and so when got back to Japan about two weeks ago. One of the elders that is also serving here in Kyoto was friends with the family she stayed with, and so he asked if we could go and visit her. We haven't been able to because she lives really far away, and we haven't really even been able to leave the apartment recently, so we called the Bishop and asked if he could help us. We went with the Bishop and the Elders, and drove to go meet M chan, hoping that she would be home. When we got there her dad was outside. The Bishop and elders sat in the car and waited, while we went to introduce ourselves. We said that we were missionaries for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and he kekkoed us (said no thanks, we aren't interested). We told him we were there to see M chan, and he called up for her. She answered and was like what?!? Then he called for her again. She looked out the window and what did she see, two really cute sister missionaries.... (I looked out the window and what did I see? Popcorn popping on the apricot tree.) Anyways, she saw us and was SO excited! She ran outside and started talking to us, and then she was like wait... How do you know me? We explained and talked and were so grateful. Her dad and mom also talked to us.


M chan and her dad. SO cute!



 About a week ago she Totsuzen... um randomly? Ran into the elders in Joyo, and was planning on meeting with them soon. She also comes to Kyoto all the time, and said she wanted to meet with the sisters here. As we were about to leave, she mentioned that if we had come a little bit later, they wouldn't have been there, and we wouldn't have been able to meet them. Heavenly Father's timing really is perfect! I am so grateful for my Heavenly Father, and I am so grateful to be a missionary. Heavenly Father is in this work, and I know that He leads and guides us to those who are ready to hear the gospel. 

I love you all, and hope that you have an incredible week! You are all amazing!

Sister Robertson
-- 
アマンダ・K・ロボトサン姉妹
日本神戸伝道部
末日聖徒イエス・キリスト教会
--
Sister Amanda K. Robertson
Japan Kobe Mission
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Our yogens. The column on the left (horizontal) is our guesses that we made for everyone, and the one at the top (vertical) is the guesses that everyone made for us. 6 out of 8 missionaries though I would become STL, and I guessed I would transfer to Yonago. :)


You know you have been a missionary for a year when... Don't worry. I used superglue and now they are as good as new.

No comments:

Post a Comment