Monday, June 29, 2015

Week 55: ハッピィ父の日! Happy Father's day!

Can you believe I have already been gone for 2 Father's days? I can't! The time is just flying! Especially this past transfer! There is only a week left before transfers, and I feel like this transfer just started! Although I'm sure a big part of that has to do with the fact that poor Tanda Shimai is still sick. We finally figured out what the problem was, and after lots of doctors appointments, and talking to the mission president's wife and mission doctor for her, she is taking some medicine that should hopefully take care of it, and with 4-6 more weeks of rest she should be good to go. But until then, we are just taking it easy. We have been really blessed though and are usually able to make it out of the apartment for at least an hour a day. And as long as our lessons are at the church, we can usually make it to them. She just gambaros through, and then when we get home she lays down and dies. Poor thing! She really is a trooper. I have been trying to help her in whatever ways I can/ whatever ways she will let me. Mostly, we just keep on singing and smiling, and everything works out alright. 

In the midst of this trial that we are going through right now, we have still been blessed to be able to find new people to teach. We haven't been able to go finding on our own (it is quite difficult when you are stuck in an apartment to find people to teach... outside of the apartment), but we have gotten 3 referrals from other missionaries/Temple Square/Church Headquarters within the last 2 weeks. The biggest problem that we have run into, is contacting them... On Saturday, Tanda Shimai decided that she was feeling okay enough to go find M Y san. Well, we headed out, took the train (because when you feel like you are being stabbed in the stomach riding a bike is less than comfortable), and then walked to her apartment. She wasn't home though, so we left a note. Who knows what will happen with her, but we were just grateful to be able to make it outside and farther than just the church or a meeting.

I have been spending a lot of time thinking about blessings over the last little while. I am so grateful for all of my many blessings. Rainstorms that remind me of home, a nice cool apartment despite how hot it is outside, my health, my family, my friends, my companions, the gospel, my Savior, the atonement. I could go on and on. I am grateful for the little things, and the big things that help remind me that my Father in Heaven loves me. So, even though we have not been able to really get out and dendo... share the gospel, I have still been able to find joy in the little things. 

Yesterday, we had some visitors come to Katsura, and so I got to translate for them. That is another blessing I am grateful for that I forgot to mention. I am SO grateful for the gift of tongues that allows me to speak, and understand this language. I am grateful that I am able to translate for others, so that they too can understand. I am far from perfect and there are some days that I feel like I can only translate about half of what is said, but that is half more than what they understood to begin with, so I am grateful. Yesterday we talked a lot about the Book of Mormon in church, and about the important of reading it. We also talked about the blessings that come from reading the Book of Mormon. I have really come to love the Book of Mormon over the course of my mission, and I know that it is true. I know that as we read the Book of Mormon, we really can learn more about our Savior, Jesus Christ. We can really learn and understand the true nature of our loving Heavenly Father. Through reading the Book of Mormon, we can find happiness, and peace in our lives. We can find answers to our questions. We can know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the Lord's true church on the Earth today. I am so grateful for the Book of Mormon. Right now, as I am reading the Book of Mormon, I am focusing on studying about the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I am always filled with so much gratitude when I learn about my Savior's atoning sacrifice for me. I am also grateful that no matter how many times we read the Book of Mormon, we can always learn more. I am grateful for the Book of Mormon. 

I'd like to challenge you all to read the Book of Mormon. If you've read it before, read it again, and see what you learn this time. Maybe focus on learning about a principle of the gospel, like faith. Or perhaps focus on learning about the attributes of Christ, and how we can become more like him. I promise that as you read, you will find something new, or something that you have read before will take on a different meaning to you. You will find something that will help you in your life. If you haven't read the Book of Mormon before, or perhaps you are thinking, "What on earth is the Book of Mormon?" don't worry. I'll explain. The Book of Mormon is my favorite book. Reading it, and abiding by the principles which are taught in the Book of Mormon, has changed my life. It's because of the Book of Mormon that I am who I am today. The Book of Mormon is another testament of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. It does not replace the Bible, but instead adds to it, and helps explain and expound on the same principles that are taught in the Bible. It is a record of the people in Ancient America, and teaches us that God is mindful of His children, no matter where they may be. He has not forgotten any of us. It also teaches us about our Savior, and about His gospel, the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I wish I could just tell you all about it, and about just how much I love it. But that would take a long time, and it's so much better to experience it for yourself. :) You can go to mormon.org to learn more about the Book of Mormon, and more about what I am doing as a missionary. 

I love you all and hope that you have a wonderful week! Remember to count your many blessings, and don't forget that the Lord loves you.

Robertson Shimai

-- 
アマンダ・K・ロボトサン姉妹
日本神戸伝道部
末日聖徒イエス・キリスト教会
--
Sister Amanda K. Robertson
Japan Kobe Mission
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Another visitor came to Katsura this week. She lives in Tottori, but knew T Shimai when she was little. :)

I decided to take some pictures of the Kyoto Eki (Train Station) while I am still here. I have been here for almost 6 months, and I hadn't taken a picture yet...


No comments:

Post a Comment