Monday, July 13, 2015

Week 58: What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

Wow. What a week. It has been quite possibly the longest, hardest week of my mission. It started off really well. We went to Kobe
 on Monday and spent some time with Croft Shimai, and Kagawa Shimai, and then on Tuesday we had MLC (Missionary Leadership Council).

 It was incredible and I learned so much. Spending time learning from the Mission President and his wife, and from the other missionaries is always incredible, and you are able to feel the spirit so strongly. When we got back to Yonago, we had missed calls from some of our sisters, so we called them back, and that was when things started to get crazy. I think the hardest part was having to put behind the fact that I was tired, and by the time we were heading home, so emotionally, physically, and spiritually drained. But, after a kokan and lots of talking, loving, and lifting, everything turned out okay. Being a STL has been busy busy busy. We have only been in our area two full days this past week. Wednesday, and Sunday. It was a little bit crazy. But we were happy to help in whatever way we could. 

On the way back to drop the Elders bikes back at their apartment, before heading to the train station on Saturday morning, I fell off the bike. Twice.


It had been such a long couple of days and we were both so drained. The first time wasn't to bad, and I just got a little cut on my knee. The second time though (only 30 seconds later) an umbrella got caught in the tire, and I ended up on the ground. 

The umbrella lost. It got caught in my bike

I probably could have stopped it, and been a little bit more graceful, but I think I just gave in, and just let it happen. And now I am suffering the consequences. My knee and my arm are a little bit bruised. And my hand got quite a bit of road rash (it's mostly better now). 

As we were walking though, and time went on, my ankle started to hurt worse and worse. It's feeling much better now though. One of the members who is a chiropractor taped it for me yesterday, and the elders have been helping a lot too. After lots of rice (rest, ice, compression, and elevation) it is feeling much better today, and should be back to normal in no time. We are making sure to take it easy today though. 









I think besides that, everything has been going well. MacKenzie Shimai is amazing, and I am so grateful to be able to serve with her. 
 (R.I.C.E.   Tatami Mat living)

It has been so nice having someone else there, and to be able to support each other during all of the craziness this past week. 

All of the sisters at MLC, and Welch Shimai. :) we were all wearing blue.

On top of going to Kobe for MLC, and kokaning, we also had ZTM (zone training meeting) on Friday in Okayama, where the Zone leaders and the STLs did some training. We played a little game and taught about the importance of testifying. 

On Saturday, because we were both feeling drained, and I was in pain because of falling off a bike a few hours earlier, we asked the elders for blessings. I am so grateful for Gosney Choro and for Takahashi Choro. They are such amazing priesthood holders, and we were grateful that we could count on them when we needed blessings. My testimony has been strengthened this week, and I have never been more grateful for the priesthood. Sometimes it is surprising that the same thing that you have been telling someone else all week, Heavenly Father then feels like you need to hear too. I have been talking so much about Jesus Christ and the atonement with the sisters, and then the very first thing that was said in my blessing, was that only two people really understand what I am going through, and that is me and Jesus Christ. I am so grateful for my Savior, and for His infinite atonement, and I know that through Him, I can do all things. So although this week has been hard, I feel like I have come out of it even stronger. 

-- 
アマンダ・K・ロボトサン姉妹
日本神戸伝道部
末日聖徒イエス・キリスト教会
--
Sister Amanda K. Robertson
Japan Kobe Mission
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints


Dinner in Kobe

We heart attacked the Welchs. :) but, they caught us because MacKenzie Shimai wrote mum. 

We heart attacked the sisters in Kobe.



 English for the win.

Sometimes you find weird things... Some of these things is not like the other.   (I don't know why all these little things are tied onto her bike.  I'm not sure she did either...)

No comments:

Post a Comment