Monday, January 26, 2015

Week 34: Time flies when you are having fun.

こんいちは!

It's crazy to think that this week I hit my 8 month that mark. Before I know it, I will be halfway done with my mission! Crazy!
This week has been wonderful. The idea of getting a new companion is always a little bit scary at first, especially since most of the time you don't know them. After you get to know them though, it is always the best. I love working with Larkin Shimai. This is her last transfer, so I will be sending her home too. The elders like to call me the black widow. Haha. I am grateful that I have had so many older (missionary wise) companions. I have been able to learn so much from each of them. :)

Welcome to Kyoto

Cheese nan!! The best food in the world!!
Larkin Shimami and I

One of my favorite things about being a missionary, is seeing when something you have taught your investigators finally clicks. We had one of those moments this week when we were teaching A San. We were teaching her about judgement day, and about repentance. She had a lot of good questions about prayer, and about Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ from her reading assignment in the Book of Mormon. She wondered how God could really love us if he gets mad at us when we don't do what he asks, and why when Jesus Christ is teaching about Baptism he gets so bold. She is a mother of a two year old, and is expecting a new baby. We were able to explain using an example that she would understand. We explained that if G were to run into the road, she would probably get upset, and if he didn't listen to her, she would probably not like that very much. But she would still love him, right? She said of course. We asked why she would get upset though? And she responded with, because running into the middle of the road is dangerous. We were able to help her understand more of her relationship with God, and why he gives us commandments. It is to help protect us from things that we may not know or understand right now. But because He loves us, and because He is all knowing, He gives us commandments and prophets and the scriptures to bless us and to protect us. I am so grateful for my Heavenly Father, and for all that he blesses me with.

(​​From left to right that is our ward mission leader, Ellsworth Choro, the District leader, and the stake president! We shared "I am Special" with them at dinner last night, and gave them stars to remember how we are all special in God's eyes, and to remember to serve others this week. Then they decided to stick the stars on each other... It was so funny. :)

I love you all so much. I'm sorry this weeks email is so short, but I hope that you all know how much I love you and that I am praying for you. You are amazing!

Robertson 姉妹


(A Trip to the Kyoto Aquarium)



(well, Hello there!)


Just Keep Swimming...


Nemo



(Here we have "A" kind of Jelly Fish!  Not any particular kind, Just, "A" kind.)
Jelly Man

























No bicycles... Or Handcarts?       (perhaps they wouldn't welcome the pioneers? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment