Friday, January 16, 2015

Week 32: Well, I guess with the new year come lots of big changes...



I am transferring to Katsura (somewhere near Kyoto), and my near companion is going to be Larkin Shimai. I'm excited for what Heavenly Father has in store for me, but my heart breaks inside to be leaving my darling precious Tsuyama. 


Sister Howden and I


So many wonderful amazing things have happened in the 5 1/2 months that I have been here. I have seen the branch members grow so much. 











The youth are so much stronger now, and people are finally smiling again. We aren't sure what Heavenly Father has planned for Tsuyama, but I trust that it is all in His hands, and He knows what is best. 




Some of my Favorite People!!!

Not a whole lot has happened this week, just housing an funny experiences. We met this one man who was best friends with a member who passed away 20 years ago. He was fun to talk to though, and perhaps we will see him at Eikaiwa (english class) on Tuesday. Besides that, we met a lot of young moms with babies that we know would really help bring some life into our little branch. 

On Friday we had Zone Training Meeting where we talked about the Book of Mormon. I feel like I tell you how much I love the Book of Mormon every week, but I really do! Right now I am in 3 Nephi, and reading about the years before Christ comes to the Americas. It is amazing just how much Heavenly Father loves His children. Something we talked about during ZTM is what we can learn from all of the war chapters in the Book of Mormon, One Sister mentioned that it is really good to apply those battle strategies in our own spiritual battles that we face every day. Ways that we can win our war against Satan. While I was reading in Alma a couple of weeks ago, it talks about how the Nephites fortify all the the cities, to help make them stronger. They knew their weak points and did all they could to strengthen them so that the Lamanites could not come and take over. We can apply this into our own lives by thinking about our weak links. Where is our testimony shakey? Where do I need to be stronger? How can I become more like Christ? When we do these things, we are better able to resist the constant temptations of the adversary (Satan), and our testimonies in return are then strengthened. So, this week, take the time to reflect on your life, and see where your armor is weak. Are you doing all the things you can to protect yourself? Are you reading the scriptures daily? Are you praying daily? Are you doing everything that Heavenly Father has asked us to do? I know that if you do these things, you will be blessed. I know that you will find more happiness in your life. Your life will have more meaning and more purpose. You will be better able to face the challenges, and trials, and afflictions that life brings. I know that Heavenly Father loves each and every one of you, and I promise that as you follow Him, you will be happier than you ever have been before. I can promise that, because I know for myself. As I have taken the time to put the things of the Lord first in my life, I have felt more happiness than I can even express. I have never been happier than I am right now. 

I love you all so much, and I hope you are having a wonderful new year!

Love, 

Robertson Shimai
Howden Shimai and I at one of the Young Men's archery tournament




archery tournament



K Chan, our sweet 15 year old investigator.


  T Shimai


 A Chan, and T Kyoudai (T Shimai's husband and daughter)



Me and A Chan 2 weeks ago





No comments:

Post a Comment