Friday, August 7, 2015

Week 61:A rededicated missionary

This week has been crazy. We have been busy busy busy, but we were able to teach over 20 lessons this week. We are both exhausted, and our faith has been tested. And it seems to be tested more and more with each day. Heavenly Father is definitely trying to see how much He can trust us, how hard we will really work. We've had a couple of experiences when He has tested our obedience as well, but we've always made it perfectly on time. Yesterday we even biked 20 km in just under an hour. We have been faced with so much now, that nothing can stop us. We are trying harder than ever, and although we have never been more tired, we have also never been happier. Or at least I know I haven't. Yesterday was really hard, and I know it's not going to get easier. I am grateful though, and counting my many blessings. My little sister is going through the temple this week. My older sister is pregnant with her first baby. Another little sister is preparing for her mission right now. My companion is incredible, and I wouldn't want to be with anyone else right now. One of our investigators, X, really wants to be baptized, we were able to surpass our goals this week. Heavenly Father has protected and watched over us. So many wonderful things are happening despite all the trials. So although it is hard, I know that after trials always comes blessings.

This week we have been almost hit by cars, found out about some hard things, been bitten by Mosquitos, and even had a skirt rip. But despite all the hard things, I know everything will be okay. The Elders gave me a blessing yesterday, and after that blessing, and pouring my heart out to Heavenly Father in prayer, I know everything will be okay. It is all a part of God's plan, and through these trials, we will grow so much closer together. I know Heavenly Father is watching over us. There may be a hard road ahead, but I trust Him. 

All four of us missionaries witnessed a huge car accident. We were grateful that the 4 of us missionaries could be there to help. A 20 year old guy fell asleep behind the wheel, hit one car and then lost control and hit another. The police later told us that if the last car that he hit wasn't there he would have taken us out. Heavenly Father is truly watching over us. Luckily nobody in the cars were badly hurt, just more shaken up. Takahashi Choro was able to comfort the young guy that caused the crash and they exchanged numbers, the young guy even asked him how do I fix what I've done? Takahashi Choro and Gosney Choro also helped direct traffic and make sure everything was okay while we waited for the police, medics, and firemen. MacKenzie Shimai and I were then able to comfort the women that were involved. Despite it being such a sad event I know that this is preparing people to receive the gospel. Another cool thing that happened literally straight after the crash was our less active was down the road, and had seen us and heard the crash. She came running out so worried about us. It just showed us how much she cares for Heavenly Father's servants. 
God's plan is perfect. 
We climbed up a mountain to re-dedicate our area, and ourselves. Such an incredible experience, and something I will never forget.

Yesterday when we re-dedicated ourselves, and our area, I just felt so much peace. I just want to keep trying, to not let anything stop me. I know this is where I need to be. I have already seen so many blessings in my life, and especially in the life of my family. I have a sister leaving for her mission in a month. And another one preparing for a mission. It's more than I could have ever hoped for. I can't even express the number of blessings that I have seen since I came on my mission. My family has truly been strengthened. I have grown so much, but mostly I have grown so close to my Heavenly Father. I know that trials will just strengthen each of us even more. Heavenly Father never gives us something that we cannot overcome through the atonement of Jesus Christ. "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." How true that really is.

The work here is really moving forward. Xela is so ready to be baptized, and on Wednesday we are talking with her about moving up her date. She wants to be baptized and to follow Jesus Christ, and knows that it is through baptism that she can be with her family forever. We are so excited for Xela to be baptized.

I love you all so much, and I am praying for each and everyone of you. I know Heavenly Father hears you and answers your prayers. Never forget to pray to him. Pour out your heart to him, and I promise you will find peace through whatever trial you may be going through.

-- 
アマンダ・K・ロボトサン姉妹
日本神戸伝道部
末日聖徒イエス・キリスト教会
--
Sister Amanda K. Robertson
Japan Kobe Mission
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Sometimes we write notes for cute teenage couples telling them they are cute. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment