Friday, June 6, 2014

Week 1: We'll Bring the World His Truth

Konichiwa Kozoku and Friends!

Genki desu ka? I'm doing pretty great! Loving the MTC!

Well, first I'll tell you all about my companion. :) Her name is Eyring Shimai and she is from Bountiful, Utah. She is pretty awesome and we pretty much laugh at everything. She is super athletic, so we play lots of sports during our gym time. I really like her, and I am grateful that she is my first doryo! (companion) We share a room with two other Shimaitachi. Their names are Wilson Shimai, a Samoan from California, and Gazdik Shimai, also from California. Gazdik Shimai has a twin sister who is also serving a mission. She entered the MTC on the same day as us, and is serving in the Japan Fukuoka Mission. She is in a different zone though. The four of us Shimaitachi get along great and spend a lot of time laughing. Our favorite thing to do is sing, and quote movies. :)

My district is made up of 6 chorotachi (Elders) and the 4 of us shimaitachi. :) We have Talentino Choro, Lunt Choro, Boody Choro, Moa Choro, Christianson Choro, and Seibach Choro. All of us are from all over the US, except from Moa Choro who is a Tongan from New Zealand. I love being with Polys again! It makes me miss Hawaii! Our district is awesome, and we get along really well. We also laugh all the time! :) SO don't worry. I am super happy, and don't think I have laughed so much in my life! 

We have two sensei (teachers). Gauthier Kyodai, and Ellsworth Kyodai. They are really great teachers and have taught us a lot. I can't believe how much Nihongo I already know in the short time that I have been here. I can already bear my akashi (testimony) and say a inori (prayer) all in Nihongo. We have also been teaching our first kyudosha since Friday, and we taught our last lesson Keno (yesterday). Our first lesson was a little bit tough, because we had to speak completely in Nihongo! We had only been learning for a day and a half, so we weren't quite as prepared. It still went well though, and Koyama San told us that he believed in Kamisama, which was pafekto for us because he didn't know anything when we started teaching him about Kamisama (God). So that was great. Our second lesson went a little bit better (although before we taught was really rough!). With each lesson we have gotten better and better, and as a companionship, Eyring Shimai and I have learned what works best for us. On Tuesday we committed him to Baputesuma! So that was exciting!

Senkyoshi (Missionary) life... I'm adjusting pretty well. We wake up every morning at 6:30. most days we are at the gym by 6:40. After gym, we get ready for the day, and have breakfast at 8:00. Then bankyo (study) alot (individual, companion, and nihongo). We have 6 hours of class time a day, and sometime during that we teach our kyudosha a lesson. Oh, and at 12:50 we always eat lunch. Dinner is at 5:25 and then we are back in our rooms by 9:30. Our days are completely filled with things to do, so we don't get a lot of down time, but I love it. Yesterday we did service in the morning, and didn't have class until after lunch! I felt like my day was so unproductive! Anyways, at 10:15 we start quiet time, and then lights out is at 10:30. Every morning I wake up so tired. And I go to bed feeling the same way, so I know that I have been working hard. :) Although being a senkyoshi is very muzikashii (hard) at times, it is SOO worth it!

Devotionals are one of the most exciting parts of our weeks. We had a member of the seventy come (Quorum of the 70 Apostles) speak to us on Tuesday. Elder Schwitzer was a great speaker, and taught us about being a missionary and finding the lost sheep. He reminded us that as senkyoshi, we need to become friends with the members, and really care for our kyudosha. Ultimately, they are going to care more about us caring, then they will about our ability to speak perfect Nihongo. That made me feel a lot better. I know that I have already learned so much, but there is still so much more to learn! 

I think that that pretty much sums up my week. 

Iesu Kirisuto wa watashitachi o ai shite imasu da to shitte imasu. Iesu Kirisuto wa watashitachi no Sukuinushi to Aganinushi da to shitte imasu. Iesu Kirisuto o shitagau toki ni shiawase o kanji mas. Kamisama wa watashitachi o shitte imasu. Kamisama wa watashitachi no Ten no Otosama desu. Kamisama o ai shite imasu. Iesu Kirisuto no mina niyori, Amen. 

Ai, 
Robertson Shimai



Translation: "I know Jesus Christ loves us. I know Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer. Following Jesus Christ brings happiness. God loves us. God is our Heavenly Father. I love God. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen"


Shimaitachi in my distict


MacKenzie Shimai and I (both going to Kobe)

Eyring Shimai and I


My District

No comments:

Post a Comment